Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The "While You're Makin' Dinner Drink"

Here's a little ditty bout Jack and Dianne...... oh wait; random flashback..... Do over....
Here's a little ditty I call the While You're Makin Dinner Drink. (Because I'm original like that.)   Making dinner usually seems like a mundane task, well unless you have oodles of time, but who has that during the week?!? Not me. Sometimes a random thought even sneaks in screaming "do these people really need to eat EVERY DAY?!?" ...Jjjuussstt kidding..(wink) 

So while you're bringin home the bacon AND fryin' it up in a pan - Get you're drink on! It's good for the psyche after a long day of wearing all your pretty hats. 
I'm not a regular drinker during the work week, (been there-done that, hhheelllooo 20's) BUT! I do enjoy a nice wind down from the workday from time to time.  Isn't that just the way too; there you are happily going about your day, extending  grace to people all day long,  from the lady who blew thru the ORANGE light on your way to work, to someone in your workplace that no matter how many different ways/times you've explained it, you've come to the conclusion that maybe they just do not understand the spoken word.   And then comes the realization you've begun drawing pictures to help them understand while smiling the entire time, because that's just how you roll!  So you - Yes, YOU! are more than deserving of the While You're Makin' Dinner drink.


A simple rule of  thirds applies here:
1. 1/3 Alcohol of your choice - mix it up! (I use Malibu, Black Cherry Rum and a bit of Triple Sec)
2. 1/3 Fruit Juice (I choose Pineapple)
3. 1/3 White soda (I prefer Sprite)

Use whatever size glass tickles your fancy and just go thirds - easy enough! Well maybe not the super-gulp cup, that's probably not a good size for Wednesday night, but hey... It's your call.   
Here's my cast of characters! Not Pictured: Pineapple juice ... yes, you guessed it...camera-shy, who knew? Ok, I drank it all….. that potentially could be because I've also occasionally deemed this "the while I'm doing dishes and cleaning up my mess drink".

I'd LOVE to hear what flavor combo's you come up with! Have fun with it, and jam out to some tunes while you're in there wielding your spatula, makes the asked 10 times "when's dinner going to be done?" question way! more! tolerable!

ENJOY!
-Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Let me know what you come up with…. l love nearly limitless possibilities! :)

      Delete