Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Slutty Brownies! Ugh…

I'm ALWAYS in search of something yummy to take to a get-together.  My mom would kick my butt if I showed up empty handed to someone's house.  That's part of what I love about being this age, you know the "manners" oh so well, because you are TRYING so so hard to get your teenagers to comply or at least show some glimmer of understanding as to WHY it's important (without turning into "crazy-mom" of course…)

So -- Slutty Brownies, yes… well, the name might be slightly inappropriate.  While, I didn't make up the name, I do think the name is relatively appropriate, if slutty is defined as generally having loose sexual morals, these little critters definitely have some very loose caloric morals. Let's be honest, these are clearly NOT good for you! I would definitely recommend taking them to a potluck/get-together vs. leaving them in your home because they seriously ROCK! Here's the original link from Pinterest that I started with:  Slutty Brownies  Oh, and if you eat them warm…. Simply sheer chocolate gooey love!

These oh so delicious creations really could not be any simpler, well maybe, try asking your husband/partner to make them for you - SERIOUS BROWNIE POINTS folks, serious brownie points.

I digress, here's all you do:

1. Take that big ole' tub of pre-made Toll-House cookie dough, chunk it up and press it into the bottom of a 9X13 pan for the crust. (I did not grease the pan and it worked out fine)

2. Lay your DOUBLE STUFFED in rows on top of the cookie dough  (the original recipe did not call for DOUBLE STUFFED Oreos, but hey! if you're going to do it -- DO IT!
           *Note - When (not IF) I make these again, I will do a "rough breaking" of the cookies because I thought they were a wee bit hard to cut once cooled as whole cookies.  Go on - be rebellous!

3. Prepare brownie mix according to the box instructions, and pour that on top of your Oreo layer.  (Do you feel your heart working harder yet?)  I used the Betty Crocker Triple Chunk mix (sure, why not?).  Please note the box if it says for an 8x8 pan, you will need TWO mixes for your 9X13 pan.

Bake them in accordance with the instructions on the brownie box.  Also noted that these took WAY longer than the box instructions.  I baked mine for 45-50 min but started checking them at time stated on the box (I have zero recollection of what the box said)  Just insert a toothpick to check them, you'll know.

As I said earlier they are HEAVEN warm and still incredible cooled.

ENJOY!!!!!
-Tammy

0 comments:

Post a Comment