Saturday, January 10, 2015

RAOK - Thank a Police Officer - Free Printable





In keeping with my 2015 goals, one of which is to blog more, what could be more fitting than a Random Acts of Kindness post? IMHO (in my humble opinion), not much - Kindness Matters! And who could be more deserving of a RAOK than a police officer? Again, IMHO, not many; I come from a long line of this special breed of human.

They are the protectors of the thin blue line.  Oh that line.... while the depiction is so simple it
represents what law enforcement officers (LEOs) protect, it is the barrier between anarchy and a civilized society, between order and chaos, between respect for decency and flagrant lawlessness, in short it's a HUGE responsibility.  It takes an incredible type of person to put their safety and the future of their family on the line every day knowing each time they walk out the door they risk having to sacrifice their life for a stranger.

Let me just address this in case it's a point of contention for anyone (let's air it out!) ...YES, yes there are "bad apples" - there are bad apples in EVERY SINGLE line of work in existence.  No one, not you, not me, and not any of them are beyond being human, though they are expected to be; how's that for a little pressure on the job? I don't know about you but  my line of work my failure to act in moments of stress that I cannot even probably comprehend or a split second of hesitation does have the potential to end a human life.   

So back to who's more deserving than a LEO of a little ROAK? Not Many - :)  Using digital papers available for immediate download I found on Etsy, I've created these free printable that easily holds a gift card.  As cold as it is in the Midwest, I know a $5 Starbucks gift card for a hot coffee would be a perfect token of appreciation.  


Simply print them out (2 per sheet) preferably on card stock to add a little substance to them, cut them out, then cut around the "Thank you" circle to make a place for your gift card - insert your gift card, fold the bottom up to the top of the gift card, fold the top over,  print out & cut out the "thank you sticker" and adhere - VIOLA! A perfect little inexpesinve THANK YOU! that will mean the world to the recipient. 


"Thank you for your selfless commitment to protect and serve.  May you never doubt yourself in the face of lawlessness and may you always return home safely.
Stay Warm!"




I hope you'll enjoy spreading some joy and supporting your local LEOs.  Clearly I'm a huge supporter of the law enforcement community.  Some Heroes wear capes, mine wears Kevlar! 

I'd absolutely! love to hear your feedback and/or your stories in the comments below!!!
Peace, Love & Glitter!!!
-Tammy


0 comments:

Post a Comment